- 108 BEAD MALA - Classic mala bead bracelet made with Agarwood, the spiritual wood used in Tibetan Buddhist practice and meditation.
- NATURAL AGARWOOD - Beautiful, natural Indonesia Red Soil Agarwood beads (6 mm size x 108 beads). Natural wood grain and resin are clearly visible making each bead unique in appearance.
- SPIRITUAL BEADS - Agarwood is prized as a spiritual wood and has been used in meditation for centuries. Many believe Agarwood manifests the positive life energy (Feng Shui) of health, luck and good fortune. Ideal for meditation practice or a beautiful reminder of intention.
- MANTRA BEAD - Buddhist mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum' engraved on bead. It is said that all the teachings of Buddha are contained in this mantra, and that to know the phrase is to know enlightenment.
- MALA SIZE/DIAMETER (APPROX) - Beads are threaded onto 60 cm / 24 inch jewelry stretch cord.
- FAST SHIPPING - Shipping from our Niagara Falls, NY or Toronto, Canada locations.
Tibetan 108 bead Mala - handcrafted with the spiritual wood known as Agarwood. The Indonesian Red Soil Agarwood beads are warm and smooth with a dark, rich color. Natural wood grain and resin throughout make each bead unique in appearance and texture. A mantra bead engraved with the Buddhist mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum' reminds us to live with intention, meaning and happiness. Wrap around the wrist as a bracelet, wear as a necklace or carry as meditation beads. Ideal for men or women.
The mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum' is easy to say yet quite powerful, because it contains the essence of Buddhist teaching.
- Om is the sound or “vibration” of the universe. It is meant destroy attachments to ego and establish generosity.
- Ma removes the attachment to jealousy and establishes ethics.
- Ni removes the attachment to desire and establishes tolerance and patience.
- Pad removes the attachment to prejudice and establishes perseverance.
- Me removes the attachment to possessiveness and establishes concentration.
- Hum removes the attachment to hatred and establishes practice of wisdom.
So in this way recitation of the mantra helps achieve perfection in the six practices from generosity to wisdom.
Agarwood (also called Aloeswood or Oud) is prized as a spiritual wood and has been used in Buddhist meditation for centuries. Many believe Agarwood contains the positive life energy (Feng Shui) of growth, expansion, new beginnings, nourishment and health. Agarwood bracelets and necklaces are carried or worn to manifest positive energy and good fortune.
Agarwood is naturally formed within the forests of Southeast Asia when the Agar tree develops resins as a natural defence against infection. Over an extensive period of time (up to 100 years), the resin saturates the wood, resulting in a rare, dark, beautiful heartwood.